December 13th, 2012
Released: Dec 13, 2012
Size: 6.7 MB
Seller: Google, Inc.
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.1 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Google Maps by Google, Inc.
DescriptionNavigate your world with Google Maps, now available for iPhone. Get comprehensive, accurate and easy-to-use maps with built-in Google local search, voice guided turn-by-turn navigation, public transit directions, Street View and more. Use Google Maps to discover great places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and reviews from people you trust. Sign in to save your favorite places and quickly access all your past searches and directions from your computer, right on your phone.
* Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
* Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
* Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
* Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
* Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
* Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
Street View and imagery
* View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
* See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
* View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
Simple and easy to use
* An entirely new Google Maps experience on your iPhone.
* Newly designed and streamlined interface for even easier navigation of your world.
* Use gestures to explore the map and browse results.
Customer ReviewsBetter than apple maps (5 stars)
I almost died in Australia, thank god this is out.
No contact list lookups? (1 star)
I can't map out existing contact addresses? I can't add search results to my contact list?
Thank you Google! (4 stars)
The app looks wonderful. It's easy to navigate and has a very clean interface. One major thing I don't like is having to sign into a Google account in order to bookmark places. I know this isn't a technical limitation since other apps can do this without signing in/up for something.
Please let us have bookmarked places without signing in.